The Paramount High School community is dedicated to the academic, social, and personal growth of individuals within a student-centered environment that encourages students to become life-long learners and contributing members of a democracy in an ever-
EXPECTED SCHOOL-WIDE LEARNING RESULTS (ESLRS)
We strive to have a graduate be...
A PRODUCTIVE INDIVIDUAL IN SOCIETY who...
- Thinks, speaks, reads and writes clearly in English
- Identifies and solves problems by applying critical thinking skills and
- mathematical reasoning
- Finds appropriate solutions as an individual or in collaboration with others
- Uses effective communication skills
- Actively pursues knowledge through a variety of resources
- incorporating the use of technology
AN EFFECTIVE AND INFORMED CITIZEN who...
- Interprets and responds to different sources of information
- Takes a positive, active role in his/her community
- Selects an ethical course of action when faced with choices
- Practices environmental responsibility
A CULTURALLY AWARE PERSON who...
- Respects one’s own culture and appreciates cultural similarities and
- Recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of every individual
- Accepts and deals positively with human diversity
A SELF-DIRECTED LEARNER who...
- Reflects upon personal growth and development
- Practices good health habits and physical fitness
- Acquires new skills and applies knowledge
- Establishes career and life-long learning goals
- Accepts personal responsibility